Bloomington, Minnesota Deportation & Removal Defense Lawyers
Have you been issued a notice to appear for deportation? We understand that many immigrants to the United States do not have an option to return to their home country. We make sure that every piece of evidence and legal strategy is part of your removal defense. Unlike many immigration law firms, our deportation attorneys have the experience and skills to handle the toughest deportation and removal appeals cases, including those involving criminal convictions.
What is a deportation removal proceeding?
Removal proceedings, whether based on inadmissibility or deportability, affect the ability of a person to remain in the United States. Deportation affects people who are already in the United States, either legally or illegally, by forcing them to leave. Grounds of inadmissibility, by contrast, prohibit a person from entering the United States in the first place.
Immigration Violations & Deportation
Immigration violations, as well as criminal convictions, can result in deportation, ineligibility for relief from removal, and being barred from naturalization. Deportation and exclusion proceedings have been combined into a single proceeding called a “removal” proceeding. There are five broad categories or grounds for deportation. They include:
- Entering the country without proper authority
- Status violators who violate the terms of their admission or work without permission
- Persons with a broad range of criminal convictions
- Persons who are members of certain prohibited organizations
- Certain people who become public charges within five years of entering the U.S.
- People whose asylum applications have been denied or referred to an Immigration Judge
Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Bloomington
Contact our immigration attorneys to help fight your deportation proceedings in Bloomington, Minnesota. We offer free consultations and payment plans.