Consular Processing & Immigrant Visas

Minnesota Consular Processing & Immigrant Visas

If you reside outside the United States or are unlawfully present in the United States, you must apply for permanent residency at the U.S. embassy or consulate in the country where you are a national. Once the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) approve the visa petition (Form I-130) submitted by your relative or potential employer (Form I-140) is approved, it is then forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC).

When your priority date is almost current, the NVC will request that you pay a government filing fee and submit the necessary paperwork for an immigrant visa interview. Once these items are complete, the NVC forwards your paperwork to the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate which schedules you and your spouse for an immigrant visa interview. Once your application for an immigrant visa is approved, you may travel to the United States seeking admission as a lawful permanent resident.

Consular processing can be a complex and difficult process without an immigration attorney preparing all necessary documents on your behalf. Contact our Minnesota immigration attorneys directly at (612) 338-5007 for a free consultation. Payment plans are available.