Consular Processing

Minnesota Immigration Lawyers, Minneapolis Consular Processing Attorneys

Our immigration attorneys can help achieve permanent residency status (a “green card”) in the United States. Foreign nationals who are already in the country under nonimmigrant visas can choose between the “adjustment of status” process (explained above) and “consular processing.”

Choosing Between Consular Processing and Adjustment of Status

For people who are not in the United States, consular processing abroad is the exclusive avenue for obtaining an immigrant visa and green card status. Once you immigration application is approved, you must obtain an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad. While consular processing in another country is often faster than adjustment of status inside the United States, the process can still take a substantial amount of time to complete. Careful attention to detail in the preparation and presentation of your application can prevent unnecessary delays or other problems. Our immigration lawyers can advise you on the strategic and practical considerations as well as the legal factors affecting your decision.

Contact our Minnesota immigration lawyers at (612) 338-5007 for a free consultation to learn more about consular processing and whether this is the best option for you. Payment plans are available.