Family Immigration

Minnesota Family-Based Immigration Lawyers

Each year thousands of legal immigrants in the United States apply for visas to have their fiancée, spouse or other family member join them in America. The difference between a successful family visa application and a denial is often determined by the immigration lawyer’s skills and determination.

The immigration attorneys at Keyser Law Firm explain the procedures and requirements involved with different forms of family-based immigration. In most cases, our clients are U.S. citizens or permanent residents (“green card” holders) who must learn the most sucessful ways to obtain U.S. entry or permanent residence for a relative, such as a parent, spouse, fiancé or fiancée, son or daughter or sibling. Our immigration lawyers can help you understand what to expect and what needs to be done for sucessful family reunification. Our practice includes:

  • Permanent residence (green card) for immediate relatives
  • K-1 visas (for fiancées)
  • K-3 visas (for spouses)
  • Visas for siblings
  • Visas for parents
  • Visas for dependents and children
  • Entry and permanent residence for noncitizen spouses
  • Preference categories for family-based immigration visas
  • Adjustment of status
  • Consular processing
  • Family-based waivers of inadmissibility
  • Naturalization and citizenship
  • Removal defense

When you hire Keyser Law Firm, we handle everything. Our services include gathering all necessary documents, preparing all forms accurately, submitting your application according to strict timelines and full attorney representation at U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) interviews. The process includes:

  • USCIS must approve your initial form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative as a sponsor for visa entry into the United States. If you intend to be an approved sponsor, you must have current legal status in the United States.
  • The U.S. Department of State will assign an immigrant visa number to your petition as soon as one becomes available.
  • When assigned a visa number, you are eligible to apply for lawful permanent residency. If you are outside of the United States, the process must be completed at the U.S. Consulate serving your region.

If you want to sponsor a family member to the United States:

  • Be ready to prove that you are a legal relative of the person seeking a family visa
  • You must be a naturalized citizen or a legal resident of the United States
  • Be ready to prove that you will support your relative financially

Who is eligible to apply for a family visa for entry?

  • Parents
  • Fiancé visas (K-1) or spouse (K-3)
  • Children under age 21, unmarried
  • Adult son or daughter, unmarried or married
  • Adult brother or sister

Contact Us

Our Minnesota immigration lawyer explain each process carefully, so that you know what to expect regarding length of time, priority dates, evidence and documentation requirements, visa bulletins, interview process and the affidavits of support that must be completed for the noncitizen relative. We provide honest and timely answers to your questions while giving you the information you need to make informed choices about your family.

Contact Minnesota family immigration attorneys at (612) 338-5007 to learn more about family visas and sponsoring a family member for legal immigration into the United States. You will receive expert advice on your legal situation in a free confidential consultation. Payment plans are available.